Tuesday, January 21, 2020

LOGGED OUT

It’s official. I’m off the dating apps. I overfished Plenty of Fish and any arrows sent from OK Cupid were misfires.

If all goes well, I have only two or three months left in Vancouver. I am committed to hitting a reset button for life with a big move. My life is not a romantic comedy. (Gosh, it seems devoid of both romance and comedy these days!) I don’t want some man in a grocery store asking how to tell if a mango is ripe. (Really, does that ever happen?) I can manage just fine if I’m caught in the rain without an umbrella. And I do not want to meet some hot, sensitive guy as I load boxes into my Mini Cooper. Dating is over.

Until I reach Toronto. Then, if a charming man wants to help me unload my car, how could I refuse?

1 comment:

oskyldig said...

Welcome to the land of no-dating apps. I haven't used them in years, and I am convinced I can't find anything remotely what I'm looking for via them.